According to a recent study by the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), 99% of nursing homes and 96% of assisted living facilities are facing staffing shortages. As a result, many of those tasked with providing care to senior citizens feel overwhelmed, overworked, and undersupported.
Home health agencies are facing similar shortages—a lack of available care providers keeping patients from receiving the care they need when they need it.
Senior care operators are feeling the burden
If you’re tasked with reducing operating costs or improving revenue at a senior living facility or home health clinic, you have a lot on your plate right now. Beyond the stress of staff retention and scheduling, you also have to look ahead for ways to optimize your care delivery model. Many are stuck implementing outdated operating models with no real way of identifying the problem, let alone a solution.
Here are some signs it might be time to rethink the way you deliver physical therapy to patients:
- You’re paying minimum hours to staff a PT when you only need a handful of visits here and there.
- You’re allocating dedicated square footage within your property to rehabilitation centers.
- You’re worried about the ability of your residents to extend their quality of life in their current environment to the maximum extent possible.
What if we told you there’s a better way?
Luna is an in-home physical therapy provider that delivers high-quality care to all patients, including senior citizens, across the US. With hours of coverage from Monday through Sunday from 6:00 am to 9:30 pm, Luna makes it easy for senior citizens to access 1:1 personalized care at home. We partner with senior living facilities and home health agencies to help them bring convenient, on-demand PT to their communities.
With Luna, the gold standard of care delivery, here is what you can expect:
- Order a PT on-demand. Luna will deliver care at your residence location in as little as one business day. We bring the treatment table and all tools required to each appointment. Patients get matched with a Luna PT who’s an expert in treating their particular condition. The best part? Each patient will work with the same therapist for the duration of their care.
- Keep your costs down. Looking for ways to improve your P&L? Luna bills at more economical outpatient rates, keeping operators and families satisfied. Additionally, we have no minimums and need no dedicated treatment space.
- Watch your community members thrive. Luna patient experience is rated as 5/5 stars with a net promoter score (NPS) of 85. On average, Luna PTs have over ten years of experience. Our clinical performance meets or exceeds industry benchmarks for all common orthopedic conditions, with an emphasis on fall prevention strategies, energy conservation, and maintaining musculoskeletal health.
As the fastest growing physical therapy provider in the US (with an anticipated 4,000 providers on the platform in 2022), Luna is offering a level of access that individuals living in community-based homes, independent living facilities, or independent living facilities desperately need right now.
Major health systems and almost two thousand physicians trust Luna to provide world-class care to their patients. Curious to learn more about how Luna can help you better serve your community, reduce operating costs, and improve revenue? We’d love to start a conversation. Contact our team today.