What sounds more appealing—getting the exact product or service that you want with the tap of a button while sitting on your sofa? Or venturing out into the real world to contend with traffic, busy storefronts, and long lines?
If you’re like most consumers, you probably answered the former. After all, you’re juggling a busy lifestyle and convenience probably plays a major role when it comes to deciding where to invest your hard-earned dollars. To keep up with these needs, many innovative companies are shifting their business models to deliver what customers want. Literally.
Satisfying Consumers’ Craving for Convenience
According to Nielson, modern consumers’ quest for convenience is driven by six key factors:
- Rapid Urbanization: more and more people are flocking to cities and towns, leading to longer commutes and other challenges associated with urban lifestyles.
- Smaller Households: many consumers are downsizing their physical living environments and need products and services that match this new reality.
- Crowded Transport: many urban areas are struggling to keep up with their rapidly growing populations, leading to major congestion and more time spent away from home on the road.
- Evolving Gender Roles: with more women in the labor force than ever before, dual working couples are becoming the new norm. This makes the need for convenience in tasks outside of work even greater.
- Generational Needs: people are living longer than ever before, making home delivery a highly sought after convenience.
- Uptake of Technology: we’re living in an on-demand world where consumers have the power to summon products and services where and when they need them.
When it comes to convenience, giving customers the power to order products and services straight to their doors takes the cake. Delivery has already revolutionized a number of industries and product/service categories like groceries, fashion and clothing, and razors. The sector experiencing some of the most shocking growth? Online food delivery, an industry is bringing in $19.5 billion in revenue in the US alone.
To keep up with consumers’ hungry appetites for convenience, on-demand food delivery services are exploding. Millennials are one of the main groups driving the rapid growth of these on-demand services. Thanks to this convenience-crazed, tech-obsessed group, delivery services are increasing exponentially. In fact, online food sales are projected to grow by more than 20% per year and reach $365 billion by 2030.
Doordash, a company connecting customers to their favorite local and national businesses, is one of our favorite on-demand delivery success stories. The company expanded its global footprint by 5x in 2018 and achieved an amazing 325% year-over-year growth in 2019. They manage this growth phenomenally well while continuing to provide unparalleled experiences and service.
Healthcare, and Specifically Physical Therapy, Should Be Delivered to Your Door
Convenient delivery is revolutionizing the food industry, and physical therapy will be no different. While healthcare is a bit behind the curve when it comes to the adoption of on-demand services, its day is fast approaching. At some point, consumers will come to know and expect a greater level of convenience when it comes to how and where they receive care.
At Luna, we’re working hard to lead the charge. We’re committed to continuously reimagining the physical therapy experience for patients and physical therapists. Our platform connects high-quality therapists with patients in need and delivers on-demand care straight to patients’ doors.
Getting the physical therapy care you deserve should be as simple as ordering a delicious meal from an on-demand food service like Doordash. With Luna, you can schedule an appointment with a few clicks from your phone or computer, get matched with the perfect physical therapist for your needs, and receive care at your home or office whenever you need it.
Luna is currently serving patients in Los Angeles and the Bay Area and plans to grow to new markets soon. If you’re ready to pioneer this exciting shift as a Luna physical therapist, we’d love to talk to you. Or, if you’re a patient who’s ready to access quality care from the comfort of your home or office, schedule your first appointment.